Friday, October 15, 2010

Wall Street

Don't bother. I liked the original Wall Street. This was a real mess. Completely disorganized collection of non-sequituurs. The weirdest thing is that it doesn't make a point. It doesn't even seem to be committed to a critique of the excesses that led to the 2008 meltdown. Oliver Stone's movies have gotten more and more rambling, as have a lot of Hollywood movies. I get the impression that they are so flush with money that they create to much stuff and then try to edit a 5 hour movie down to 90 minutes. It never works. I prefer the opposite. An economy of means.

I'm listening to a wacky Braxton piece. Composition 173 for actors, instrumentalists, video projections and constructed environment. He uses the term mythodology. I think that's the only word to describe this.

No comments: