Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Medicaid Expansion Rejection Shame

I just sent the following letter to my state representative and senator, as well as the state legislative leadership, all of which are republican.  This was to mark the very sad, and convolutedly crafty way they prevented Medicaid expansion:

"Shame on our state for what I can only imagine as senseless animus toward a black democratic president, an act that literally sacrifices lives, health, and the financial well-being of thousands of individuals and families in our state for some unknowably dubious political gain.  Especially as a Latter-day Saint who has spent two years full time trying to convince skeptical Americans that I am part of a Christian religion, this is very disheartening.  Moreover, two of my five children would not be here if it weren't for Medicaid, and it's highly doubtful that we would have qualified for it had we lived here."

No comments: