Monday, July 23, 2012

Alan Grayson

I love Alan Grayson's emails.  He's one of the only people that's telling it straight on the national scene.  Here's one I got today:


Last week, one of my opponents put out an ad saying that if I'm elected, then next year, I will triple gas prices, prohibit guns and ammunition, and close down children's lemonade stands. 

I assured him that I would not do any of those things. Nor would I remove the tin foil from his skull. 

That made me think of some more things that I probably won't do next year: 

(1) Institute universal healthcare.
(2) Provide jobs to 20+ million underemployed Americans.
(3) Make pensions and sick leave and paid vacations the norm.
(4) End corporate welfare.
(5) Re-institute progressive taxation.
(6) Provide higher education to every student who wants it.
(7) Take corporate money out of politics.
(8) Purge us of discrimination against minorities, women and gays.
(9) Reduce the brutal, pervasive inequality.
(10) Bring the troops home.

No, I don't think that I'm going to accomplish any of those things next year. But if I'm elected, I'm going to try. I'm sure going to try. 

No comments: